Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: BPD

@outlander I read somewhere recently that you aren't finding your current therapist helpful. Have you given any further thought to doing DBT?

outlander
Community Guide

I have given some thought and will have to ring the community mh team to go back onto the list again @Phoenix_Rising and no shes not helpful
MDT
Community Guide

Yes it is helpful @Phoenix_Rising

I see my psych this wednesday and will raise it with him...
I'm just sick of being confused and lost and all this sort of thing
Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Hello everyone forgive me i have not been able to read through the whole thread but i have been diagnosed with BPD and if anyone has any questions i will try my best to answer them I hope you are all well. 

hi @Eden1919 its not jsut a Q&A thread, you can chat and ask for support too 🙂

MDT
Community Guide

Hi @Eden1919

I have a question for you.

Were you originally diagnosed with something else prior? Feel free to not answer if you are uncomfortable sharing.

Also, don't have to answer this if you don't wish to.. but do you struggle with bad and very negative self image?
Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Thanks @outlander 

@MDT No BPD wasnt my original diagnosis my first was anxiety then it turned to depression and anxiety then it became depression, OCD and BPD now my diagnosis is OCD, BPD, Schizoaffective disorder mainly there are a few other things as well going on but those are the main 3. But the BPD has been diagnosed for a few years now. the DBT has helpled quite a lot. and yes i have HUGE problems with my self image it is very upsetting. 

MDT
Community Guide

ok @Eden1919 thank you so much for sharing your personal history 🙂
I don't know if I have BPD yet, but i guess i will find out on Wednesday. I feel like it'll explain a lot of the things in my life atm but I guess I will wait and see.
I'm undergoing a very hard time in my life atm. I guess it takes time though right?
Welcome to the thread
Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@MDT yes it can take time in my experience a lot of time but i suppose as long as you keep trying that is all that matters. 

Bianca2
New Contributor

Sorry what’s dbt
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126