Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: BPD

@Former-Memberperfect! very well said indeed!

Former-Member
Not applicable

It’s really tricky, @outlander. Medication can’t really treat BPD, but it can help with other symptoms/diagnoses like mood issues and anxiety. It’s a shame you have to stop meds if you’ve found something that works. (I’m treatment/medication-resistant, unfortunately.) But therapy is where real change can occur. If only it were easier to access. 🙁

outlander
Community Guide

No im finding ita not helping with the extremes mire the anxious side to a point i could manage just that little bit better. Therapy isnt doing anything for me. The fiest one or 2 sessions yeah but after that its like ive hears it all before and im already doing it sort of thing. No one has answers in that department.

And yeah i have pcos and pre diabetes and the meds im on have caused me to gain nearly if not more now 20kgs in the last few months ive been on them. @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

It’s super hard, @outlander. It took me around 15 years to find a therapy and a therapist I think have the potential to help me. Unfortunately she also triggers my abandonment stuff on a fairly regular basis which is super unhelpful.

It’s really hard trying to juggle psychological stuff and physical stuff and medication … the juggling certainly doesn’t help with the mess in our heads. 🙁 I hope you can get things balanced sooner rather than later (maybe wishful thinking, but I really do hope that for you). 🌷

outlander
Community Guide

Hmm yes it sure is @Former-Member. Ive been to 5 now 6 different therapists. Its really not helping me. Yes a juggling bug mess for sure.
I hope thinhs start to pick up for you too ❤❤
MDT
Community Guide

hey @Former-Member that is a perfect summary of it yeh... oh man.... i feel like i do have BPD 😞
I'm not wanting to diagnose myself but that's actually something i know i do.. i tend to avoid.. it explains a lot.. about a lot... I can't handle this right now
Former-Member
Not applicable

Try not to panic about it, @MDT (I know that is SO much easier said than done). A diagnosis is just words. One day they’re not written next to your name, the next they are—but you’re still the same person. It doesn’t change who you are. It can't change who you are. Sometimes a diagnosis actually helps because it makes it easier to seek the right treatment. And for what it's worth, most of the people I have met who have BPD have been super wonderful—they really care for others and they love fiercely. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. You don't have to go through this alone.

MDT
Community Guide

Thank you @Former-Member
But i just wish i was better.. 5 years of this stuf.. idk.. maybe i dont even have BPD. Maybe i have something else?
I dont want to be alone o this earth but no girl will go out with a crazy guy like i am.. its too weird.. idk if i can handle people anymore...
Former-Member
Not applicable

I totally understand just wanting to be better. I think a lot of people here can relate to that. I’m not so good with people either. But I keep working on it, keep working towards getting better—even when it feels like I’m going backwards.

You seem like a nice guy to me, @MDT. There are lots of caring, compassionate people in the world who can see past our quirks and mental illnesses to the good we have inside. We just have to wait to cross paths with them. And while we're waiting, we can keep looking after ourselves and doing what is right for us, making the best lives we can. It's hard, but we just have to keep going.

MDT
Community Guide

indeed @Former-Member
but i feel like ive driven girls away..
anyway.. i hate feeling alone.. but idk what to think anymore..
i need to sleep though so theres that for now
thanks again. I will be around here more
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Office Number:
Phone 03 9830 0566
Fax 03 9830 4793
Email: admin@arcvic.org.au

292 Canterbury Road Surrey Hills
Vic 3127 Melway Map 46 F11

Postal Address:

PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126